In the following artwork, the artist has presented an ugly truth which is clearly visible to humans but humans are willingly remaining blind folded and are failing to see the deterioration of Mother Earth.
The cobweb in the artwork showcases how human beings and anthropological factors are disturbing nature and prima faciely, it might seem the effect is not such grievous, but when all these disturbances are seen diligently.
On the other hand, coloured thread showcases the nature and its forces which is acting like a typical Mother, even though, human is hurting her but still she is trying to protect them.
Hand embroidery on paper
Textile is my forte but not my limitation. I articulate my thoughts by combining different media and techniques like various kind of embroidery, illustrations, creating patterns, playing with layering and experimenting with varied techniques. Traditional crafts are close to my heart. I try to capture the essence and spirit of traditional crafts in my contemporary style. I work to play a symphony of silhouette, colour, pattern and texture. I love creating intricate designs and patterns. It is through these intricate patterns, I try and depict my ideas and emotion.
Date of Birth : 11 June 1991
Mobile Number : +91-9999214915
Email ID : email@example.com
Website : cargocollective.com/shivangigupta
• Master of Design (MA), Textile Practice (Full-time) from Manchester Metropolitan
University, Manchester, United Kingdom (2014).
• Bachelors of Design (B.Des), Textile Design, from National Institute of Fashion Technology,
New Delhi (2013).
• Group Show ‘Prakrati: kal, aaj aur kal’, Lalit Kala Akademi, Delhi, 2019.
• Participated in ‘PRESPECTA 18’, Galerie 88, Kolkata, 2018.
• Participated in ‘100th exhibition of The Art Society of India’, Jahangir Art Gallery,
• Participated in ‘FINEXT Award’, Indore, 2017.
• Participated in Taseer Artist Camp, organised by Raza Foundation on occassion of S.H.
Raza 1st death anniversary, Mandala, 2017
• Participated in ‘Khajuraho Art Festival’, Khajuraho, 2017.
• Group Show ‘Eleven Elements’ at Bharat Bhawan, Bhopal, 2016.
• Group Show ‘endofthebeginning’ at Manchester School of Art, Manchester, UK, 2014.
• Group Show ‘A Place Where Records Are Kept’ at Manchester School of Art, Manchester,
• Currenty associated with Kiran Nadar Museum Of Art as Educational Outreach
• Worked for India Art Fair 2015 and 2016, when they were exhibiting the fair where I was closely
involved with the main core management of the fair.
• Co-trainer in a Design and Development Workshop for a cluster in Kashmir.
• Had been closely involved with Asia Triennial Manchester, U.K. 2014 and worked under
the guidance of Alnoor Mitha for 10 months. During which I had assisted artists like Bashir
Makhoul, Alinah Azadeh and Sophie Ernest with their installations. I also helped in coordinating
community workshops and organising events. I had done a photographic
documentation of a community workshop. This event had given me an opportunity to
interact with various artists and galleries.
• Graduation Project of 18 weeks undertaken at Urban Monsoon Design Studio, Delhi in
2012-13. Studied the forecast and upcoming trends and developed two home based print
collection for A/W 2014.
• Had been part of India – Swiss Exchange Program for 3 weeks Vocational course at Swiss
Textile College, Wattwil and Zurich, Switzerland, in May - June 2011.