Ink and Ripping with Needle on Mount Board Paper.(The nature, the mysteries of which are deeper than cosmos
Amit K. Das is a Delhi based artist and fashion designer. Born in 1981, he started painting at the tender age of 10. Self-taught mostly, he has been honing his artistic skills under the guidance of various senior artists since 2000. He has been awarded the “AnkanRatna”by theBangiyaSangeetParishad’s Painting Department.
When asked Amit opines that “art is an oulet for me, of expressing emotions that words can’t. I've always turned towards nature, the mysteries of which are deeper than cosmos. When I sit down to work, I let my pen twirl and the ink sway; create a magical sonnet as per their wish. "
Being an avid naturalist, his muse has always been the tree which links the underworld with their roots and holds up the heaven on their sturdy branches. The tree is a reflection of the artist in him, a medium for portraying his thoughts, emotions, and impressions of the seen and the unseen. Just as the tree is a manifestation of the roots that lie below the surface, his works are an expression of what is rooted in him. His emotions, whether they are of elation, despair, passion, hate , love , confusion, clarity, fulfillment, or emptiness, all represented in the coils, the twists and the turns intricately dotted by his pen.
After all he has spent most of his life giving an outlet to every thought and emotion pulsating through him, coming together to form a work of art that transcends the original image of a tree.
He has participated in various exhibitions and events all over India :
- Soulful Artat All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi (2014)
- Group Show at Open Palm Court Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi (2015)
- White on White at NIV Art Gallery, New Delhi (2016)
- 89th AIFACS Annual Award show at AIFACS, New Delhi (201 6)
- Sahitya Kala Parishad Annual Art Exhibition 2016 at Lalit Kala Akademi (2017)
- PANORAMA a photography show at Philipose Centre For Art & Culture (2017)
- India Art Festival at Thyagaraj Stadium(Nov 2017)
- PANORAMA-2 at Gallery Artsastra (Dec 2017)
- Jaipur Art Submit at Ravinder Manch Jaipur (Dec 2017)
- 90th AIFACS Annual Award show at AIFACS, New Delhi (2017)
- First International Kala Mela at IGNCA, New Delhi (2018)
- Global Art Waves across An International Art Show at State Gallery, Hyderabad (2018)
- Ekkum Contemporary Art by Amit Das(Solo Exhibition) at Iconart Gallery, Hyderabad (2018)
- Mortality and Beyond at Gallery 78, Hyderabad (2018)
- Inner Vision at Visual Art Gallery, New Delhi (2018)